Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all must be tired of having to answer all these what mutation is this post... I know I have 1 normal... but the other 2 I can't be too sure of. One is greywing the other I cannot be sure.

But, can you do just one more identification post so I can tell people exactly what kind of mutation to call our budgies? Thank you so very very much... and if you can also add the gender (I think the normal is a male, the other 2 are females but I can't be sure) that would super duper great!

Quincy (she looks so fat in these pictures!)

Gabbert:

Halo (the normal. He's male, right?)

Thank you so much guys.

·
Administrator
55,566 Posts
Gabbert is a female
Halo is a male

I can't tell for sure about Quincy because the photo of her cere isn't clear. I think there are white rings around the nares -- if so, then female. Do you have a better picture of that one from the front in natural light?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
cute budgies im not good with mutations myself im still learning that side hope u find out what they are other members will know for sure good luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gabbert is a female
Halo is a male

I can't tell for sure about Quincy because the photo of her cere isn't clear. I think there are white rings around the nares -- if so, then female. Do you have a better picture of that one from the front in natural light?
Thank you, FaeryBee! Yeah, I think Quincy is female too. How about this picture?

Any idea on official name of the mutation?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My guess is that Quincy is Light Green Opaline (Cinammon???) and Gabbert is a Green Opaline Pied(Recessive Pied?, Dominant,...)
Just a guess...
Maybe some pro in budgies mutation can confirm this...
Tanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.