Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I so need to learn my mutations now learn the breeding anyone know what mutations these girls are they my last three i have for sale the first one is my tame baby i selling.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Study this website http://www.***************/colorsguide.html and tell us what you think! :D

Hint: Study the blue base (body) color and its dark factors (shades of blue), the violet color-adding factor, the "normal" striping pattern, and the opaline striping pattern. ;)
When a man is hungry, don't give him a fish; teach him how to fish!!;)

#1 normal blue maybe grey factor
#2 opaline violet either grey wing or cinnamon
#3 opaline violet
I mostly agree with this, but don't you think the first one is mave?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys parents from numba one are i have been told she is mauv i think she looks normal grey and poppa sky blue lemon face but baby in numba one is sorta a grey/blue when u see her in person
Photo 3 parents are the recessive pied and the lutino hen i know for sure my recessive carries the violet gene as he has produced a violet with his last wife who i sold as she was not a good mumma sold her for pet only. I will have look at website.Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
just looked at website that susan sent me photo one is def mauve thats what her colour looks like.That site is awesome i will hopfully b able to tell now on the colour.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Baby number one can't be a mauve or a skyblue when the 1 parent is mauve and the other one skyblue, because all the babies from such a pair is cobalts. We are missing something, but what?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A bird can't be mauve or skyblue when the parents are a mauve + skyblue, because all the babies will be cobalt. We are missing something, but what?
Photo one and two are same parentes
photo three is from the recessive pied and lutino
Just looking at the chart i think photo 2 is cinnamon greywing? mayb just the greywing patterns are similar. wil take another photo of budgie numba two today as she is not really violet when u see her.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Number 1 appears to have blue cheek patches so it must be grey not mauve. If the father was sky blue the chick can't be mauve

Chick 2 is a cinnamon opaline violet

Chick 3 is an opaline violet

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Number 1 appears to have blue cheek patches so it must be grey not mauve. If the father was sky blue the chick can't be mauve

Chick 2 is a cinnamon opaline violet

Chick 3 is an opaline violet
So the mother isn't mauve after all. She must be a grey to get a grey baby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.