Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told she is an Opaline perhaps cobalt but she is a real dirty purple colour - perhaps grey mauve?. I took a few more photos so perhaps that will help.

She looks such a clean mauve here - shame the violet colourings don't photograph true to colour!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

she looks like a mauve opaline to me, though the last photo looks a bit violet too so maybe a mauve violet opaline.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ve got one mauve I m not sure if he sgot violet factor or not but mine is darker and looks like more greywish than yours,she is beautiful with or without violet!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks everyone. I guess I will write Mauve (Violet?) Opaline in my notebook then!! I have nearly got them all genetically noted!!! Perhaps we will be able to tell more when she breeds.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are their chicks - the first 4 possibly 5 look to be mauve. How can I tell if they are spangle or opaline? I have had to put legrings on chick 2 and 3 as they are only 1 day apart and the first 4 chicks are nearly identical!
Box134_20110201_First5of8Chicks_4517.JPG

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
thats what i see too nev. nice looking strong markings on the spangles.

if the dad did not have an opaline gene then you would not get any opalines. the male chicks will be split for opaline though.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Beautiful babies. Love the little spangles, didn't know you could see it at this young age.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.