Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm anxious to see what colour this baby is going to be, it is now 12 days old so should be able to tell for sure within the next couple of days. I was just wondering if anyone had any guesses. :D In the last clutch at 13 days old the oldest had a yellow head, but Im not seeing any yellow yet.

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Definitely hard to tell when there are hardly any feathers visible. Do you perhaps have photos of the parents? We could always try to identify the parent's mutation and see what this particular chick COULD end up being based on the parent's mutations.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a picture of the family, mom and dad are on the left and the three babies from the last clutch are on the right. I put a posting in this section a couple of weeks ago and some members said the mom was a type II yellow face blue/gray I believe which is why she looks green and the dad is normal blue. It definitely is hard to tell without any feathers, Im just getting ahead of myself. I love finding out what colour they are going to be :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I agree that they are going to beautiful either way :D I will post some more pictures of the baby as it gets some feathers, then it will be easier to tell

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a more recent pictures of the babies. The baby I asked about originally is the blue one on the far left. Im guessing she is a normal sky blue just like her dad.

These are baby 2 and 3. They have yellow faces like their mom, and blue feathers on their body like their dad but they arent as blue as the first baby. So im not sure what they are

Baby 2 (left) and Baby 3 (right)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.