Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
the 4 of them are beautiful and i am sure some one will come along soon with the types of the birds there are a few on this site who totally bamboozel me with this lol

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
The first picture is a male yellowface 2 sky blue opaline dominant pied and a female violet cobalt spangle. The second pic shows two hens. A light green cinnamon and a grey recessive pied. I think. I'm still learning. I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm or correct. :) They are stunning!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first picture is a male yellowface 2 sky blue opaline dominant pied and a female violet cobalt spangle. The second pic shows two hens. A light green cinnamon and a grey recessive pied. I think. I'm still learning. I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm or correct. :) They are stunning!
Thanks for your contribution. :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, their names are…
The **** is "Skye" and the hen is "Millie"
Two babies are "Snowy" and "Nikki"
:)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
First Picture:
Type 1 yellow face Opaline dominant pied sky blue **** & spangle cobalt violet hen

Second picture:
Recessive pied hen & greywing light green hen

·
Registered
925 Posts
They are all very pretty. :) I do not know very much to be able to tell the genders, or genetics. :p But I just thought I'd compliment them.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
First Picture:
Type 1 yellow face Opaline dominant pied sky blue **** & spangle cobalt violet hen

Second picture:
Hey, Nev. I always appreciate your info and am still learning myself. A couple questions. 1) On the green hen, I was thinking cinnamon because her feet looked pink to me. Can you help me differentiate? What told you greywing? (May just be my computer...??) and 2) On the male, I was thinking YF2 because the pic of his back looked to show a little yellow on his flights and tail feathers and his body looked sea foamy green. Perhaps it's just the lighting (or my inexperience), but could you share with me what tells you YF1?

I find I always have much to learn. Thanks a heap! :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
These twoo babies look like hens but if they are they should be Opaline as the father is Opaline and can only have Opaline daughters.

The pied looks Danish and the other looks Clearwing.

·
3,676 Posts
A couple questions. 1) On the green hen, I was thinking cinnamon because her feet looked pink to me. Can you help me differentiate? What told you greywing? (May just be my computer...??) and 2) On the male, I was thinking YF2 because the pic of his back looked to show a little yellow on his flights and tail feathers and his body looked sea foamy green. Perhaps it's just the lighting (or my inexperience), but could you share with me what tells you YF1?
I had another look at the green hen and although she has pink feet I don't think she is cinnamon. Her cheek patches and body colour are quite bright so I think she is a clearwing as RIP suggested and not greywing as I said earlier

I think the yellow face male is type 1 because the spread of yellow is quite minimal. Although the official description of YF1 says no spread of yellow most do spread a little especially into the white areas

·
3,676 Posts
I was going through the forum and thought I should confirm types of some of my birds and sex of the babies. Any ideas?
I assume you don't mean that the birds in the second picture are chicks of the pair in the first picture! This would not be possible

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you!

I assume you don't mean that the birds in the second picture are chicks of the pair in the first picture! This would not be possible
No. Not at all. I bought all 4 birds from different pet-shops and they are not related at all. :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
First Picture:

Second picture:
These twoo babies look like hens but if they are they should be Opaline as the father is Opaline and can only have Opaline daughters.

The pied looks Danish and the other looks Clearwing.

Birds in picture 1, paired themselves in the flight and I shifted them to cage on June 13. Any idea what the babies would look like, if any?

A picture of 3 more birds is attached as well. Any ideas about the type?

·
Registered
100 Posts

Birds in picture 1, paired themselves in the flight and I shifted them to cage on June 13. Any idea what the babies would look like, if any?

A picture of 3 more birds is attached as well. Any ideas about the type?
From left to right: Dom Pied; Recessive Pied (Danish); YF Mutant 1

·
3,676 Posts
YF1 Opaline dominant pied sky blue **** & spangle cobalt violet hen
If the birds are not split for other mutations:
opaline female
opaline spangle female
opaline dominant pied female
opaline dominant pied spangle female
YF1 opaline female
YF1 opaline spangle female
YF1 opaline dominant pied female
YF1 opaline dominant pied spangle female
normal male
dominant pied male
spangle male
dominant pied spangle male
YF1 normal male
YF1 YF1 dominant pied male
YF1 spangle male
YF1 dominant pied spangle male

If the violet is single factor about 25% will be sky blue, 25% cobalt, 25% sky blue violet & 25% cobalt violet

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you!

YF1 Opaline dominant pied sky blue **** & spangle cobalt violet hen
If the birds are not split for other mutations:
opaline female
opaline spangle female
opaline dominant pied female
opaline dominant pied spangle female
YF1 opaline female
YF1 opaline spangle female
YF1 opaline dominant pied female
YF1 opaline dominant pied spangle female
normal male
dominant pied male
spangle male
dominant pied spangle male
YF1 normal male
YF1 YF1 dominant pied male
YF1 spangle male
YF1 dominant pied spangle male

If the violet is single factor about 25% will be sky blue, 25% cobalt, 25% sky blue violet & 25% cobalt violet
Great Work!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think "YF Mutant 1" is the right name, whereas people call it "YF Type 1". I hope I am right.
What do you mean by "Danish"?
Danish is another name for the Recessive Pied and sometimes referred to as Danish Recessive Pied.

As for the three Yellowface varieties they are as follows:
Yellowface Mutant I
Yellowface Mutant II
Goldenface

All can be had in single and double factor. I see a lot of use of the terms 'type 1 and type 2' which should be discontinued as it is not being used in a manner to relieve confusion but rather enhancing it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you!

Danish is another name for the Recessive Pied and sometimes referred to as Danish Recessive Pied.

As for the three Yellowface varieties they are as follows:
Yellowface Mutant I
Yellowface Mutant II
Goldenface

All can be had in single and double factor. I see a lot of use of the terms 'type 1 and type 2' which should be discontinued as it is not being used in a manner to relieve confusion but rather enhancing it.
Thank you. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.