Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i took two feathers off godzilla. (He gave me an angry squawk.then demanded extra head rubbs, which he got plenty of) and they are tri colored torquoise/blue edge, green middle then edge of base yellow. the fluffy spot of feather still white. on an interesting note if you flip feather upside down its blue underneath. So techniqually he has 4 colors on each indidual body feather. does any one have a parakeet that has more then one color on an individual feather? I tried taken pictures but doesnt come out. i know in mammals three colors on one strand of fur called agouti. Any ideas??

G

·
My Skiff, i have some of her feathers. She was violet on the top of the feather but when you turned it over it was a sky blue. Its really fascinating how beautiful feathers really are :)

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
The feathers around the tail feathers are generally multi colored and patterned. There are some pretty cool patterns you dont notice till they come off :).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But these are all his body feathers except the yellow on head. all his body feathers are multicolored. Around his vent its sky blue but even his back feathers are multicolored.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.