Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Hope and Faith 2 years ago and today I caught them mating. They have both bred before but with different birds. I was just wondering if there is any 2 budgies to make 2 such opposite colors in a clutch. I do not want to harm any of my birds or future birds. Thanks.

Faith

Hope

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You have two very nice birds. I'm wondering why you think your birds are related? Did you get them from the same place? Or is there another reason? I don't think these two birds could be related based on their color mutations. It looks like Faith is a sky blue double dominant pied and Hope is a light green recessive pied. If you breed the two and neither is split for anything I think you will get 100% light green dominant pied but I'm not positive on that. Good luck

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I got them at the same place at the same time. I just wasn't too sure and didnt want to breed them. I guess I'll let me be and seperate them because I noticed her poop getting runnier and bigger. Thanks.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
These 2 birds could easily be from the same clutch. A recessive mutation like recessive pied can be carried unseen by birds of any mutation and could appear in the chicks if both parents have the gene. The fact that one is green series and the other blue series means that one or both of the parents was a green series bird split for blue. Even if both parents were dominant pieds they could still produce a recessive pied chick if they were both split for recessive pied

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Are they in a breeding cage with a nestbox?
Mating can be a casual thing, you won't necessarily see any eggs if there is no nestbox :)
They're very beautiful by the way ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.