Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bros tiels are mating (hes got a breeding box)
could anyone tell me what they are ,and what the outcomes will be

and what is the last tiels mutation

grey...female
white...male
last grey...male

Attachments

·
Be free......
2,611 Posts
wow your bros tiels are soooo pretty.i would suggest you ask the talk cockatiels pple on there site.up on the left hand corner theres a drop down list and thats where you will find talk cockatiels.and they know everything about mutations, genetics,and breeding.sorry that i cant help with the mutations.

·
Registered
297 Posts
so.......
which one has mated with the grey female?:)
Do you know if the grey female is split for anything (if she has a white spot on the back of her head she would be split for pied)
It is very hard to predict an outcome as you would need to know exactly what the birds are split for but you can give it a go over here:
http://www.kirstenmunson.com/cockatiels/index.html

I have a breeding pair of tiels and my male was split for pearl which I didn't know.
Nice surprise to say the least as I ended up with a pearl baby but also a stunning pied pearl baby (have kept both plus another pied, they're all boys so lots of noise in my aviary ;))

The last tiel looks like a normal grey to me, is he young still?
He might still be colouring up in his face............
The white one is a whiteface pied I would say, very pretty.
I am not a real expert on mutations though so don't quote me on the whiteface pied mutation ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
............is that budgie in with the breedin pair by the way?
Might be best to remove budgie :)
Also, if these are pet cockatiels, they unfortunately do not always make the best parents so tell your brother to be prepared.
He might need to have some handrearing formula on standby but please please please get him to get advice first from a vet before he attempts to handrear if he has never done it before.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh no the budgie is not in with them..although another tiel is..ive tried to tell Gavin (brother) to take him out but he wont listen to me, he sais that im being too protective and he sais ''how do they breed in the wild..they breed in groups'' but as i tell him its different in a cage.
the white (lotus) is mating with female (chip)..as slappy is only young.
also ive tried to tell him to be prepared for the worst and that he may need to hand feed but once again he wont listen to me:( atlease ive done research about breeding my budgies..he thinks that they will just mate, have chicks, feed them, them fledge...which it is not that simple.

i really wish i could get thorugh to him:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.