Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my little "man" (I think) BIlly!! (or Billy-jean if he ends up a she)

I got him about a week or so ago. I purchased him from a pet shop, so I'm not sure of his age, and what kind of budgie he is.

I also can't tell his age. My pictures aren't of great quality because they were taken with a webcam. But I can tell you that he does have a grey ring around the black part of his eye.

His cere is still a purple-ish colour. So I'm having trouble sexing him as well.

I'll post the pictures I have now, and will try to take more, hopefully more close up. Also threw in a picture of his new "condo"

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
to me he looks like a billy and the white ring is called an iris ring it means he is over 6 months

the kind of budgie he is, Im not very sure he looks like a violet dominant pied

The way you can tell if its a male or female

male cere: dark blue, purple

female cere:dark brown, tan

berivan:king:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, he's definitely male then? His cere is not going to turn a dark blue? Or will it remain purple?

(sorry about the Iris, I know very well what it is. It's pretty late where I am now, amazed I'm still typing actually)

·
Registered
770 Posts
I can't answer your question but just wanted to say congratulations and what a beauty your budgie is! I hope you enjoy the Vision cage. I have one just like yours and I love it! Your Billy will love it too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, he seems to love it. He's become quite tame in the short time that I've had him. More than I expected actually.

I had another question. But I think I should make a whole separate post for it.

Thank you so much! I think he's a looker too ;) But its his personality that has won me over.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
pics are a bit blurry but looks to ba a dominant pied, mabey clear wing and opaline.
but not sure
its a boy;)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is about 3 or 4 months old. His cere will go blue when he matures

To be sure of his mutation we need a good picture of his back but from what I can see he looks like a greywing or clearwing opaline dominant pied

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.