Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you breeders,

Is anyone familiar with the breeder Stephen Fowler?

Thanks!

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never heard of him personally, why do you ask? :)
I just found out that he lives near me. Have hopes for some genetics/mutations/breeding advice :)

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Juliette is indeed awesome, as is Confucius.
But I don't think they live near me, though
they may be willing to offer advice ?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Oh sorry Skye, I did scan reading to your post and incorrectly answered your question.

I hope someone will come along and identify this Stephen Fowler for you. :) I no nothing about genetics/mutations/breeding so I'm afraid I can't help.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Are you planning on getting birds from him? :)
Too early to tell, as we haven't even spoken yet, but thus far he's the only breeder in Arizona I've found that will even return an email, so yes, if he'll sell to me it might be a possibility.

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
I got mine from Keelys keets aviary. She is in mesa. $20 a bird. She has about 2-300 birds. Great websit and about 20-30 pics of every bird she has or had. you can look them all up by band #.
I went to her place a couple of times and got 6 birds.

rick

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got mine from Keelys keets aviary. She is in mesa. $20 a bird. She has about 2-300 birds. Great websit and about 20-30 pics of every bird she has or had. you can look them all up by band #.
I went to her place a couple of times and got 6 birds.

rick
Thank you very much for the referral! I had no idea she was there. Nice to know
she keeps such meticulous records -- that certainly speaks well of her.

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Your welcome. Out of the 2-300 birds she has for sale around 50 or so. she keeps quite a few for herself for breeding. Seems she just cant let em go.My wife and I spent over an hr each time talking with her. You need to call and set an appontment, but its a fun visit. Its nice to be able to calmly look over the birds awhile to help find one you like.

rick

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I came across two articles written by him a few weeks back. One on Feather dusters and the other on Mutations in general. You might be able to google search them. Keep us posted.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Any one---

Hi, There is a very active group of Budgie Breeders in Arizona. Stephen is a champion breeder and specializes in rares like The anthracites. Ask him to introduce you to other breeders near you and join/attend local club meetings, BAA and or ABS shows where you can purchase birds.. See the web pages and pose your questions on the BAA forum. Texas is near and there are several wonderful breeders there as well like Julie Willis,Carol Myers, etc. See the BAA web page for more info.

Blessings,

Jo Ann :budgie:

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, There is a very active group of Budgie Breeders in Arizona. Stephen is a champion breeder and specializes in rares like The anthracites. Ask him to introduce you to other breeders near you and join/attend local club meetings, BAA and or ABS shows where you can purchase birds.. See the web pages and pose your questions on the BAA forum. Texas is near and there are several wonderful breeders there as well like Julie Willis,Carol Myers, etc. See the BAA web page for more info.

Blessings,

Jo Ann :budgie:
Thank you for your reply. Stephen is clearly a very knowledgeable and gracious man.
He was also generous enough to email me several articles he has written. He was also
the only person to reply to me after posting on the ABS and BAA websites.

I'm also afraid that you must travel much more than I, because getting to Phoenix
is a drive of several hours and often problematic for me, and I don't find Texas
close at all. But I will remain in contact with Stephen as he has offered to show
me his aviary and share information with me, and I feel very much honored to have
been invited.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.