Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had this whole recessive/dominant pied thing down, but... now I'm pretty confused as to whether Foot-Foot is a dominant pied, a recessive pied, or a split/factor/whatever. I've tried researching and come away even more confused than before, haha.

The signature picture has him from three different angles... if you have a question about something you can't see from those pictures I'd be more than glad to answer. Thank you!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Dom. pied...the spot of the back of the head means dom.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought! But every picture example of a dominant pied has a picture of a bird with a solid band across the stomach, and he just kind of has a couple little splotches.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'd have to say dominant pied, due to wing marks and the mark on the back of his head. Tango is a dominant pied, but he doesn't have a solid band (or maybe I'm not aware of it). His bluish-green marks are splotchy.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I agree that he is a dominant pied because the splotchy areas are where the band would be. A clearflight pied would look much the same but it would either have no clear areas on the body or they would be high on the chest area. All 3 pied mutations have a clear area on the back of their heads but recessives have so many other clear areas it is not noticed

·
Registered
348 Posts
Foot Foot is an amazing budgie - he's gorgeous!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for the information! And Nev, that makes sense about the clearflight/dominant pied distinction.

Aww, thanks Cricket! I haven't really seen another that looks a whole lot like him.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's a petstore! We looked around craigslist for a few days for a breeder and in the end just took a trip to the nearest pet store... luckily they had some young ones. He was the most playful and was also the only yellowface! I'd only ever seen green/yellow, blue/white and albino budgies.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
yf1 dominant pied.
recessive pied have marking of their flight feathers and dominant pieds dont;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.