Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at PetSmart the other day and I saw some Lutinos in a cage. Now on the little tag thing it said "Rare yellow budgie" but it was selling for the same price as all the other ones. And don't ask "are you sure they were Lutinos?" becausee I know they were so take that :D. So yeah just wondering

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
No they're not really rare but pet shops usually charge a bit more for them. Male lutinos are often hard to find

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
I got my lutino at a pet store for $11.99(it was on sale) in one town about a hour or so away from me got my Albino at a pet store in my town for 19.99

·
~Crazy Bird Lady~
2,309 Posts
In Pet smart they normally have their budgies in two bins. They separate the two and label them Normal Parakeets and Rare Parakeets. Anything other then normal gets put in the rare. That could be Albino's, Lutino's, Pieds, Opalines anything other then the normal wing pattern.

So no, there not really rare, just different.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
In our pet store they will put a sign for Rare Parakeet on colors other than green and blue.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
my albino is a girl (i think) her cere is still white at the moment so i STILL cant tell. i want a D.N.A. test lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
Over here in Australia we pay around $35 - $80 for a bird in a pet store and they always up the price for anything outside of a "normal"

Lut's over here are not rare, it's hard to find a big **** as most of the cocks are small but some of the Hens you can get are HUGE! Also remember never put a Lut to a Lut or Albino this produces small and sickly chicks most of the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.