Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Member of the Month October 2008
6,891 Posts
If it is the same Pet Snuggle that I use it is called a Snuggle Safe Heat Pad. It is made of a type of hard plastic with a special filling and now they come with a removable material cover as many people (me included) use them for hot water bottles for their bed in winter, and if you don't wear socks they will burn your feet. I use it in the winter to supply heat for my brooders when I am hand raising babies. Also in the past I would get baby parrots from other people to hand raise and the heat pads are handy if you need to travel with babies and keep them warm. Pretty much everyone has a microwave so I could keep babies warm on the trip home or if I am hand raising and going somewhere and the babies will need feeding while I am there and I have to take them with me.

Here is a couple of links to purchase them in the US.

Amazon.com : Snuggle Safe Pet Bed Microwave Heating Pad : Pet Supplies

Snuggle Safe | Snugglesafe | Heated Pet Beds

They are quite reasonably priced in the US. Over here they are at least twice the price.
Please note they must always be heated according to instructions, overheating can cause problems. If used properly they are great, I purchased mine back in 2003 and have never had any problems with them and have used them every year since, including this winter to keep baby lorikeets that I was hand raising warm. I have 2 of them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.