Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,826 Posts
Don't think they are. I see these types quite regularly on the show bench over here. They are a Violet, Yellow Faced Grey and a Lacewing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
OOOOOHHHHHH MY!!! Now I must have a violet!!! Its impossible to find a good budgie avairy in my area though :( tons of "bins of budgies" but no handfeeding breeders :(

G

·
Image number 3 in post #5 is a gorgeous bird!
Image number 2 in post #6 has a sensational blue color.. beautiful :D

They are all stunning birds tho :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

This is a photoshopped image! It is my image. A budgie with that color yellow wouldn't have that clear or bright violet body color. I photoshopped this image to ask the question is this color mutation able to be bred. And I found out it wasn't

·
Going Bird-Crazy
2,444 Posts
Here are the others.
The second one in the pic, the blackface, did once exist. I doubt it does now. It is a super duper rare budgie. It can only be found in one country I think. Anyways, it's gone so rare (if its not already extinct) because the mutation had many many health problems. The birds died young. I really want one, but I doubt I ever will get one.:p Hopefully the breeder will find a way to strengthen the mutation. They're so pretty.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oops, here's the pic.
I'm pretty sure it's a spangled yf cobalt, but the color makes me suggest slate because of it's darkness, but I'm probably wrong about that.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.