1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i breed:
Male cobalt normal with
Female df blue series spangle
(not a dark eyed clear i dont think, she is developing paler rings around her irises)

(i dont know what factor blue the female is, therefore i cant know the outcome of the chicks)

Chicks:
25% female blue normal
25% female blue spangle
25% male blue normal
25% male blue spangle

is that right? it doesnt take into account anything they are split for. however they both came from (separate) pet shops, so i doubt that there will be anything there.

i will also breed:

Male light green normal / pied (i was told he is split for pied on another forum, because he has a patch on the back of his head
Female cinnamon opaline grey-green

i have no idea of the outcomes of this one really???

·
Registered
178 Posts
I say first pair would all be spangle blues.Not kwnowing how many dark factors the hen has you could get sky blues and cobalts(if the hen is sky blue),sky blues,cobalts and mauves(if the hen is cobalt) or cobalts and mauves(if the hen is mauve)
Second pair is harder for me.
I think all greens and grey greens.If both birds are split for blue you will also get blues and greys.If the hen also is split for rec pied you will get some rec pieds.if not half would be split.None of the chicks would be cinnamon or opaline but all males will be split for both mutations.If the **** is split for cinnamon and/or opaline you would get visual cinnamons and/or opalines.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Male cobalt normal with
Female df blue series spangle
Because your female is double factor all the chicks will be single factor spangle

Male light green normal / pied (i was told he is split for pied on another forum, because he has a patch on the back of his head
Female cinnamon opaline grey-green
Unless both birds are split for blue you'll get 50% green & 50% grey green.
There won't be any recessive pied unless the female is split for recessive pied
There won't be any cinnamon or opaline unless the male is split

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because your female is double factor all the chicks will be single factor spangle

Unless both birds are split for blue you'll get 50% green & 50% grey green.
There won't be any recessive pied unless the female is split for recessive pied
There won't be any cinnamon or opaline unless the male is split
thank you nev :)
they need to hurry and get old enough now hehe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.