Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RECENT CLEARER PICTURE:

I would like to make sure before I buy her.
I notice she has pink feet...could she be cinnamon instead? But her tail looks greyish. This is the only picture I have of her now.

I came across this interesting thread regarding a budgie who appears dilute with pink feet...and Nev says it's a Cinnamon?
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=73237

To buy the female, I must buy the Opaline male as well, otherwise the owner wouldn't sell her.

This is a chick that they have given the owner.

Is this a Greywing? If not, what is the father (above) split for?

EDITED: The pair was bought today!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
i would say YF dilute

Reactions: Rashu

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
oh what a cutie! anyways... she does have the YF type 1 in her. she could be a full body gray wing. is it possible to have a full body gray wing and and a dilute?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
oh what a cutie! anyways... she does have the YF type 1 in her. she could be a full body gray wing. is it possible to have a full body gray wing and and a dilute?
As far as I know, FB Greywing is a composite Clearwing-Greywing, and both these mutations are dominant over Dilute...so this may not be possible.

I have a FBC Greywing and he has greyish feet...I don't know if Dilutes can have pink feet...as far as I knew, pink feet is common in the Pieds, Inos and Cinnamons.

The chick appears to be a Greywing to me, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
hmm i dont know, im not really the mutation expert :eek: i didnt know that the feet color was connected to mutations. butch (dom. pied) has half pink, half blue feet!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
It is not a full body greywing - that is all I know about this bird. Could be a dilute, because the colour is very light.
Whatever, you always post the loveliest birds!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whatever, you always post the loveliest birds!
Most of those birds aren't mine...but planning to buy this pair tomorrow....well not technically, myself since I am on vacation, but asked a friend to collect these before someone else takes them away. :p

Thank you :D

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
The mystery of the mutation is intriguing, but
as to whether to buy her or not, how could you
possibly resist that sweet little face! I'm glad
that cute baby is going to end up in wonderful
hands :)

Reactions: Rashu

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The mystery of the mutation is intriguing, but
as to whether to buy her or not, how could you
possibly resist that sweet little face! I'm glad
that cute baby is going to end up in wonderful
hands :)
I can't resist it XD as I only want to buy the female, but the guy will only sell them together, so have to take them both in...I've been looking for a female like that for such a long time, and Dilute Blues of her kind are so rare! :O

The baby is not for sale...the parents are.

Can't wait to see her next month :D

Would like to breed her with Winter though, this is why would like to know about the mutation...but I'm gonna get her either way. XD

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
she would look pretty bred with emmet too~ YF, slightly diluted :love:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
she would look pretty bred with emmet too~ YF, slightly diluted :love:
Only if Emmett is split for Dilute or Greywing...and I have no idea, so I might pair her up with Emmett after I am done with Winter. That would be interesting.

;)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I don't know about the mutation of this one, but I agree with Dries - you always have such beautiful bird pictures!

I'm excited for you to add her to your family. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know about the mutation of this one, but I agree with Dries - you always have such beautiful bird pictures!

I'm excited for you to add her to your family. :)
Thanks.

The guy taking care of my birds will go pick them up for me tomorrow.

I'm excited...will get to see my 4 birds + the new pair after 16 days. Can't wait.

Oh another breeder wants to gift me this Opaline Mauve female too after I get back home..LOL...so I'm gonna have a flock of 7 :O
And of course...this new female in question, and Winter's chicks. I'll go crazy :O:O

I hope someone clears out her mutation though....longer I wait, more intriguing it gets. :p :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.