Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got some new females, both of them are confusing me a lot!:S

This is Athena, her previous owner thought she was an albino, but she doesn't have red eyes and her chest is a very faint purple. Also her beak is greenish whixh I think indicates dark facotr grey or violet? I think she might be a sky blue double factor violet(or mauve) dominant pied dilute?

I know the pictures aren't that good but I really struggled to get the purple to show

This is Saffron. At first I thought she was Lutino, but her eyes aren't noticibly red, only a tiny bit and her iris rings are white, so she can't be DEC, I think she has to be a df spangle. The pictures really do no justice to her colour, in person it looks as though she has been coloured in wth a highlighter!

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Oooh pretty!:love:
I don't know Athena but she is defiantly not an albino:) I thought Saffron was a lutino too:eek:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think Athena is a double factor spangle but she could be a dark eyed clear if she doesn't have iris rings. It's hard to tell with those pics. She doesn't have any markings on her body and it's not unusual for ino's, dfs's, and dec's to have a slight diffusion of body color.

Saffron is definitely a lutino. Her eyes are clearly red. The red hint in dec's eyes is not very obvious at all (it usually doesn't show up in photos). Dfs's don't even have a hint of red in their eyes. I've seen many pics of ino's with iris rings even though they aren't supposed to have them.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Athena looks like a double factor spangle. If she was an albino or a dark eyed clear she would not have dark feet and a greenish beak

Saffron is a Lutino. Red eyes are often hard to see unless the light is right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.