Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you needing a fix of Autumn and Kylie... here they are!

Thanks for looking! :wave:

·
Loyalty Award Recipient January 2015//Deactivated
3,928 Posts
It's so nice to see Autumn and Kylie. Are they on the the golf course? A great place to roam.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I'm not really a dog fan, but these dogs are lovely. I think it must be hard work to keep those long groomed? Are they sheep dogs?

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw, just look at those beautiful faces! Gorgeous dogs, do you groom them yourself?
Thanks, Dee! Yes -- I do groom them myself.

They have "spa-day" at least every other week although I'm trying to motivate to give it to them weekly. :giggle:

On "spa-day" I spend 2 hours on Kylie and then 2 hours on Autumn (well, actually I rotate who goes first). They are brushed thoroughly, I trim their fur and also trim and file their nails. They each enjoy having two hours of my attention focused on them (except neither are crazy about having their nails trimmed but the tolerate it well) :rolleyes:

I also brush their teeth every evening before bedtime!

awe such camera loving pooches Debs they are beautiful :D
Thanks, Jane. :D

It's so nice to see Autumn and Kylie. Are they on the the golf course? A great place to roam.
They are indeed. They love to run and play out there. ;)

I'm not really a dog fan, but these dogs are lovely. I think it must be hard work to keep those long groomed? Are they sheep dogs?
Thanks, Dries. Yes, they are Shetland Sheepdogs also known as "Shelties". I had a blue merle sheltie before I got these two. Her name was Misty Blue and she was with me for almost 14 years.

Prior to that, I had a beautiful dog with the sweetest nature ever. Her name was Pokey and she was with me just over 14 years.

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Now there are two pampered pooches. :) You're great with grooming them.

It must have been hard for you to lose Pokey. She must have been a dear. :eek:

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, Arlene!

Yes, it was extremely hard to lose Pokey. Pokey was with me through an awful lot of hard times and gave me strength. I know I never would have made it through without her. She was wonderful!

Both Pokey Jo and Misty Blue are my beautiful furry guardian angels now and I know they will be waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

I loved them both so very much. :)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Oh Deb your Shelties are just so beautiful! I love the breed :) My childhood dog, Maisie, is a bearded collie "beardie" and when we moved to Maryland our neighbor had a sheltie named Hershey. He was a very special dog because she is deaf and he was her "hearing ear dog." Maisie and Hershey were the very best of friends and he looked a bit like a miniature version of her as he was also black and white. They would sit side by side and whenever they'd walk by each other they would kiss. As Hershey slowed down our neighbor would ask us to bring Maisie over and he would perk up. Maisie is now slowing down at nearly 14 and I wish Hershey was still here to sit by her side through the end of her days.

I commend your grooming regiment! That's a lot of work... but it has clearly paid off because they are gorgeous dogs :)

·
Loyalty Award Recipient January 2015//Deactivated
3,928 Posts
What a great mom you are, Deb! So fair, alternating who starts on spa day. It's obvious by how long Misty Blue and Pokey were with you that everyone gets all your love and good care. You're an inspiration.

·
Member of the Month February 2013
1,259 Posts
Amazing dogs! They are stunning!
You are much dedicated than I. I will bath - but if I ever want Sierra to look pristine - it's off to the groomer for her (thankfully Misty's coat is very low maintenance compared to Sierra's - the crazy cat dog)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Darn it, this isn't helping my growing Sheltie infatuation!

Hearing how much time you spend grooming them is a deterrent for me - my dogs have always been rather 'fend for yourself' in the grooming department. It's great that you care for them so well though. They look all the happier for it, too!

I have a friend in Norway who has two Shelties, and they are why I fell in love with them - they're such characters, even if I've never actually seen them in person. I bet these two are the same.

Reactions: FaeryBee

·
Registered
387 Posts
Collies are my most favorite dogs.Had one for 2 years and gave her away because we were both gone over 13 hours a day. Gave her and my papillon to a family with kids who can give them the attention they need. Still miss them every day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.