Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AUTUMN-Yellowface Mauve Spangle -The Newest Addition

I was wondering what type of yellowface she will be ( I believe she will be type 2 as if I remember correctly chicks that have pale yellowfaces as babies are normally type 2 as well as some of the pale yellow is also showing up in her wings) and I was also wanting to make sure I was correct in calling her blue color mauve.

Does anyone have pictures of a yellowface type 2 mauve budgie so I can see what she may look like once she molts...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Autumn is so pretty and I love her name! I can't answer your question though, but someone will be here who can I am sure!

Lisa

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
She's beautiful! She appears to be a type 2 YF to me. Are her wing markings brown? I'm only asking because on my computer, she looks cinnamon to me which would soften the body color and that can sometimes make a cobalt look more mauvy. I have a cobalt greywing who photographs mauve-ish. Also, her cheek patches look softer than the normal bright blue. I'm sure someone with more knowledge
Will come along soon and tell you for sure.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no her wings are darker she photographs different for her body color than she is in reality. as for the cheek spots I am not positive but does the spangle gene do that in budgies?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
I don't think the spangle would cause a color difference in the cheek spots, although I do believe it can effect the quality of the spots, if that makes sense. Guess we will wait for someone else to comment. :) BTW, do you know her parentage?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no I have no idea what her parentage is.

yes I have heard that the spangle may or may not have cheek spots. hopefully someone who knows more about genetics than I do can help. I think she is beautiful either way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she still has not molted either. so she could be type one or two I'm not sure if you can tell before the molt for type one or two.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after you suggesting that she could be cinnamon I took a closer look and the spangle markings do appear to be cinnamon. could she be a cinnamon violet yellowface spangle? rather than a cinnamon mauve yellowface spangle?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Her body color is very similar to my greywing violet cobalt so yes, I think she could be a YF cinnamon spangle violet factored cobalt (or mauve) but violet factor is hard to determine in photographs.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree with Erin, she looks like a yellowface 2 cobalt violet cinnamon spangle :) She is diluted and has lavender cheek patches with cinnamon wing markings so thats why I would say she is cinnamon.

Ideally the standard for a spangle is for them to have bullseye throat spots, it does not remove the spots all together though that happens from pairings and genetics. I see many wild type budgies with no cheek spots at all though and I think that is probably the case with her :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.