Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is settling in nicely. Lindas says she hates her and bites her hard. With me she is coming to me slowly but she reacts to me right away. She spreads her wings , and she stretches her leg and she is truly interested in me.

When she was out today while I was making pizza dough Linda walked buy stuck out her finger said "stepup" and she hopped right on her finger. She asked if she should pet her and then she kind of bit her pretty good. She wont bite me at all, just nice nibbles :).

She still tries to land on Jaz and she did a couple times today. She did a few head landings on me and a couple shoulder landings. When she flies away it is near impossible to get her with out a quick, deliberate hold on her. She does not seem to grasp the step up routine.

Her eating is fine. She still likes to soak her pellets and when I put organic celery tops with leaves and some green pepper cores with the stem and seed when I was cutting up peppers from the garden today she did not hesitate and just jumped right at them and ate on them :).

Will try and get some pictures soon to show her "Beauty".

I am so glad I finally was able to acquire her and add her to our wonderful family.

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,118 Posts
Congratulations on getting Avacado. :woot:

I look forward to seeing the pics. I feel for Linda though, hopefully Avacado will warm to her soon.

Reactions: Budgiekeet

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Just wait till Avocado starts to also dump bits of veggies into the water container. Mine especially like to make their own carrot soup, the water even turns a light orange colour.
I will be waiting for the pics!! :D

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
Congratulations on getting Avocado..Hey Rick your poor wife getting bitten by your cockateil tell her not to be frightened or scared they can pick up if a person is scared of them once they have been bitten tell Lynda not to give up i am sure your beautiful bird will love Lynda and I'd love to see some photo's sometime.

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,150 Posts
Awww, I had my daughters 'tiel HISS at me on the weekend :eek: She did not bite, but might as well have - their beaks are SOOOOO much bigger than a budgies! Raptors at least! :D

·
Administrator
59,662 Posts
Avocado sounds like quite a little character and I can tell she's charmed you completely already. :D I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your little sweetie.

Lovebirds can bond strongly to one person and not be interested in others in the household unless you work to overcome that tendency.
Poor Linda -- lovebirds can bite VERY hard. I won't let Poppy anywhere near my fingers since the day she viciously bit me and drew blood. :eek: Peachy doesn't normally bite hard unless he's particularly mad at me about something though. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.