Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me the genetic of this bird, he is awesome and I really want to get a couple that can have babys like this, please help me :)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Sorry I cannot help with the genetics, but I also think it is an awesome colour. Is it blue with brown with a yellow face?

·
Registered
151 Posts
He is a really nice colour, as for his mutation i'm not great at this but i would say he is a cinnamon not sure about the colour as i cant quite make it out.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I would say yellow face type 1 blue cinnamon? It's hard to see his front though. Is he ok? His tail is pretty roughed up and it doesn't look like he's standing properly for being out of the cage :eek:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yellow Face type one Grey Cinnamon

Will look just like my Harley when he grows up only Harley doesn't have a Yellow Face

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Your male is a yellow face, cinnamon, grey factor. Beautiful bird!

Yellow face is a dominant gene, this means if you breed him with a yellow face bird you will get all yellow face chicks. If you breed him to a white face you should get 50 yellow face 50 white face.

Cinnamon is a sexlinked gene. Males can both show and be split for cinnamon. Females can only show it. If you breed him with a cinnamon female you will get all cinnamons. If you breed him with anther wing pattern you will get all cinnamon females and males split for cinnamon.

Grey factor is usually dominant. So if you breed him with another grey factor bird you should get grey factor along with blue chicks. If you breed him with a normal blue bird you should get a smaller amount of grey factors and a larger percentage of blues.

If you want birds that look grey I wouldn't breed him with any green birds. Green is dominant over blue. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
i dont know his mutation but i know he's pretty!:Di can see why you want one like that, susan its a good thing hes telling the truth:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.