Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here it is! (With the little dragon tucked in his 'bed' perch) Constantly being upgrated and updated with more stuff and better things! I keep it pretty simple and I like the naturalistic look of toys rather than the whole colorful thing (but I do love me some good accents). And half of his things are on his playground since he spends most of his days free to roam the room. Most of his toys are hand-made, so there's that too...

But I was wondering if I could house 4 budgies in this kind of cage or just two? Since I'm planning to eventually have the flock bigger, I'm wondering if I will have to buy a bigger cage once I plan on having more than 2?

The cage is 54x34x75cm or around 21x13x29 inch

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think your cage is perfect size for 1 or 2 budgies.:budgie: I suggest a bigger cage or aviary to house more budgies later without overcrowding the cage!!
Good luck!
;)

·
Administrator
55,292 Posts
At 29" x 13" x 19" your cage is 7917 cubic inches

Your current cage does not meet the minimum recommended size for more than one budgie and I would not recommend housing two budgies in a cage that size.

The minimum recommended size for two budgies would be 9,720 cubic inches.

Minimum size for 4 budgies-----34x18x25"
Volume = 15,300" cubic inches

http://talkbudgies.com/housing-budgies/24411-cage-sizes.html
Essentials to a Great Cage-Talk Budgies Forums

In my opinion, the bigger the cage the better.
I like my birds to have as much room in their cage as possible even though they all get several hours of out of cage time each day.

I have five flight cages each of which has
Interior Measurements of : 31"Long x 20"Wide x 45"High
and I have no more than 2 birds in any of my cages. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with FaeryBee, it does not seem large enough for 2 budgies. Also, budgies prefer horizontal cage space over vertical, as they are horizontal fliers. If you get another budgie, and another cage, I recommend it be horizontal. However, some budgies LOVE climbing, and vertical space is good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.