Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
The pale grey bird facing the back of the cage looks female. She might be a yellow face opaline dilute but we need to see her belly.

The one next to her is an opaline grey male.

The one in front of the opaline grey male is an opaline cobalt male. He might be violet, too, but since I'm not an expert, I'm not sure.

The one in front (in the 1st 3 photos) and alone in the 4th photo is either a yellow face dilute sky blue or cobalt or a yellow face greywing sky blue or cobalt. He looks male.

You should wait for Nev or another mutations expert for confirmed mutations.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I don;t know the mutations, but I think they're all female!
Thank you!

The pale grey bird facing the back of the cage looks female. She might be a yellow face opaline dilute but we need to see her belly.

The one next to her is an opaline grey male.

The one in front of the opaline grey male is an opaline cobalt male. He might be violet, too, but since I'm not an expert, I'm not sure.

The one in front (in the 1st 3 photos) and alone in the 4th photo is either a yellow face dilute sky blue or cobalt or a yellow face greywing sky blue or cobalt. He looks male.

You should wait for Nev or another mutations expert for confirmed mutations.
Thank you, Susan, but I think you are right, the last one is definately male and the first one female, but the other 2 is so difficult to tell. I will wait for Nev and Lindsey.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
What mutation is the mother?
If the mother is not opaline the 3 opaline chicks will be female

1st picture from back
Greywing grey
Opaline grey
Opaline cobalt
Yellow face opaline greywing

Opaline sky blue male (I presume this is the dad)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.