Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since Gerhana has become an individualized little budgie I've been having days where that craving comes in hard. Not your typical "aw I want another budgie" craving, a full blown baby craving where I want to go through that motherhood hell that I had to go to with my little bird- which I know I most definitely do not want to go nights without a full good nights sleep again.

And yet the craving still sets in well, even tonight I caught myself fantasizing and watching videos of when Gerhana was just a baby, and looking at baby budgie pictures on the forum.

I've tried drawing and other productive things to get my mind off of it, but are there other tips to halt a craving as strong as this? The time isn't right for sure, and while I have cage space, everything else isn't really in a good place for more budgies- or babies in that matter.

·
Administrator
56,568 Posts
Look at the matter as if it is an addiction and take the necessary steps to circumvent the cravings.

Stop looking at the videos of when Gerhana was a baby.
Stop looking at pictures of Baby Budgies on the Forum or anywhere else.
Whenever you find your mind wandering to baby-budgie fantasies, tell yourself sternly to "Stop!"
then consciously make yourself think about different matters.

Exercise, clean the house, read a book, talk to a friend, go to a movie, etc.

Spend time with your current birds.
Play with them, photograph them, enjoy each and every one of them and focus on the moment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me, didn't know it could be treated like an addiction- thank you for the tips. Can get really hard sometimes to get my mind off of it but I know I can do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.