Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay SOOO... The First two pictures are of the parents.... My question is What mutation is the female exactly.. I was thinking a light green recessive pied greywing obviously split for blue.... Also I would like to know the babies mutations and genders I know two babies are yellowface type twos I think males... Then there is a yellowface recessive pied greywing..... Then a yellowface type two greywing.... But the baby with more yellow on him stumps me as I know he's a greywing but is he a light green or a yellowface... He has the more yellow in him but his body looks more of a seafoam color than green... In saying that if he is a yellowface what would that make the mother.... a yellowface as well? Fourth is baby in question... third is the 5 babies the parents had.

Also I have one female Is she a yellowface mauve cinnamon spangle? or a goldenface at times her face looks really yellow she is maybe 8 months in this picture(last one)

Thanks for your help :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Don't take my word for it but I'll give it a try. I found it quite challenging, so here goes.

Picture 1:
Normal Yellowface 2 Skyblue

Picture 2:
Greywing Recessive Pied Dark Green?

Picture 3 (Left to Right):
Greywing Yellowface 2 Recessive Pied Skyblue (female)?
Greywing Yellowface 2 Skyblue (male)?
Greywing Yellowface 2 Skyblue (male)?
Normal Skyblue (male)?

Picture 5:
Spangle Goldenface Mauve.
Not sure if she's cinnamon, looks normal spangle to me...

The mother does appear to be a Green Series bird to me...
You'll get some proper replies soon :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the chick who looks like a normal sky blue is actually a yellowface male and there is one in the back who is also a yellowface normal as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you look under the wing of a bird, you can tell if it's yellow or if it's a strongly colored yellowface. If the wing butt is yellow then the bird is yellow; if the wing butt is white then the bird is a strongly colored yellowface.

As I understand it, SF yellowfaces are more strongly colored than DF yellowfaces. SF YF1 has a creamy face and not much diffusion, DF YF1 is not visible. SF YF2 has a yellow face and seafoam body, DF YF2 has a yellow face and not much diffusion. SF GF has a deep yellow face and seafoam body, DF GF has a deep yellow face and not much diffusion. More info

Both the parents look like light greens to me, if so, both would be split for blue and at least one would be split for yellowface. But I'd look under the wings of the parents and the green chick to be sure.

last female: spangle yellowface mauve, hard to tell from the pic if she's cinnamon or goldenface, but both are possible. She could be df yellowface2 or df goldenface.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.