Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
Wow ,she is a stunning budgie, I am hopeless with mutations but she colouring is very muted and pale can't wait to see what the experts all say LOL. What ever I would be keeping her that's for sure.:budgie:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
oh i am shes yellow face light yellow wings white chest pale blue under and pale blue between her wings

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
Lindsey would be your best bet she is our mutations expert, but they are both lovely colours. Glad they survived and are healthy.:budgie:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not sure what the yellow color one is, very interesting coloring, could be a yellow face grey opaline spangle pied but the second one the blue with the white flights is a dominant pied, gets that from the father who appears to be something like a yellow face grey spangled dominant pied. Good luck with them.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
The father is yellow but that's because he's yellowface II. Not actually a green series bird. Which means he could be hiding grey under there :) It sure looks like that baby is an interesting mixture of different mutations to make it clear but not quite clear.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I am gonna take a guess :)

dom pied sf yellow face II dilute opaline sky blue.
I cant really see her tummy though..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well from the picture you provided, *very blurry at that) of the parents in the nest box, the father appears to show grey coloring on its neck and its rump between the wings, you might call it mauve as on the baby you say is mauve, but it appears grey in the photo's, also the father appears to have a definitive yellow pied spot on the back of his head, which explains the baby blue dominant pied progeny. For to get dom pieds in the nest one of the parents has to be dom pied. More clearer pics of parents might help. Cheers.

·
Crazy budgie lady
1,439 Posts
Looks like a yellow face, one form of yellow face, when present in two factors or a double factor, can cause a bird to have a normal white mask but all chicks from that bird will have a single factor of yellow face which we can then see, perhaps mum is a double factor yellow face, you'd only be able to tell when you see the single factor in the chicks. They are beautiful! What a lovely surprise :D

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.