Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one of my new budiges, Echo. I'm wondering what mutation he is. I'm thinking he/she is a Cinnamon YF Cobalt or maybe violet. He/she is brighter and more vibrant than shows in pics. Definitely has a violet tinge! Also, the wings are more brown than it appears in the pic, so I'm leaning towards cinnamon not greywing. Anyway, let me know what you think this baby's mutation is and if it is a hen or ****. Thank you soooo much!

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
I would say a male and if the wing markings are brown then it is a cinnamon. If grey, greywing. also yellow face type 1, and not sure if he is just a cobalt or a violet.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I ant help you with the questions but he or she is a very cute bub!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It may help to take a few more pictures, definitely without a flash.
He is beautiful. Based on these pics he looks like a greywing, but if his body color is brighter than shown and the markings are distinctly brown, then he may be cinnamon.
Love his name!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Yes... Male Greywing YF Skyblue or Violet.
actually kind of looks a dilute in some pictures, 1st pic looks brighter.

His beak looks VERY long... have you had that checked out?

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
Teegzy is right, the beak does look awfully long. And he's beautiful, definitely a baby, look at all those baby bars! :giggle: Violet is such a hard mutation to see in pictures, I think. He looks cinnamon, but I can't be certain. :eek: Maybe Nev will come on. He's the expert.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He looks like a dark greywing to me. A cinnamon's beak is usually more orange and the feet are usually lighter (except cinnamons with a grey factor). His body colour is quite strong so he could be violet

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I'm still getting my head around all of the different types of mutations too Whitney, my only idea is and I'm not sure if it is a mutation and that he's a 'cutie'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.