Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

...here goes another few babies...this time from "Candy Floss",
an interesting yellow-based baby ariving here...must be from da..butIthought he was a "YF Type 2 (blue-series) bird, having the blue changed to 'sea-foam green'...doesthis mean heis yellow-series and actually 'true-green'..?"

Baby 1 & 2:
Bird Eye Parrot Beak Toy

Bird Beak Feather Parrot Wing

Bird Beak Natural material Parrot Terrestrial plant

Bird Beak Grey Parrot african grey

These are from a "brother-and-sister" mom/dad-pairing, not something proposed - however rarely done...but I'm trying something different here ito cowboy(pet) / show-budgie combination to hopefully improve virility?!

Mom- and- dad pictures to follow:

Again thx for your guesses!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's pictures of mom "Candy Floss" & "Spearmint":
Bird Beak Azure Parrot Organism

Bird Parrot Organism Parakeet Macaw

I'm just hoping my plan of using the "good breeding traits" from grand-dad "Rainbow", can be transferred to these young...which in turn could be improving 2nd generation "show-type" breeding birds ...upon cross-mating these to other (different bloodline) "pet-/show- type"-mixed birds of course?...not much success with any of my male show-type birds over past year?!

Any comments on this approach?

Thx,
jdk

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I must have replied at the same time as you posted the parent's pictures. Both parents are opaline and the green chick is not. Also the father is a yellow face so I think there must be some mix-up in the parentage

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for the answer,as usual...

interesting...your view on opaline...I thought the dad & grand-dad both just has "opalescence"...?...

...albeit these (like most other pairings in flight) are "strongly bonded" the colony breeding in these cases (sorry I forgot to tell) may have an impact on baby genes...

..however I thought the baby 1 is a light-"green" because of the father being a "green(yellow-series)"-bird?...noting the DF Spangle mom in associated post "baby gene (5)" coming from a "green (yellow-series)" dad bird...

...I'm convinced that the dad isn't a "blue-series" with YF factor turning it into a "green-looking" bird?...but I may be wrong?...and another dad got in there also?

..but this dad even "shared the nestbox" with babies?!
thx again, jdk

·
Registered
39 Posts
colony breeding

If you are colony breeding, no matter how bonded the pairs are, I can guarantee a less than honorable male has made a visit, and the parentage of any colony bred bird will be highly suspect

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you say brother-sister pairing? Do you mean you bred a brother and a sister together? or it was an accident?
Yes, that's correct...but wholly accidental..given the colony breeding open flight (limited space) arrangement....

...but it does seem (as Nev90 is always correct!), that there were no "real-thing" going between them brother-sister....(given the green baby, couldn't have come from "Spearmint" ****-bird, as he could be either blue, with YF - making him look green OR Green/split/blue...else,if non-split for blue - no blue babies would have arrived!)...

...these 2 were always close, but as noted...another **** (likely "Shiny" or "DeepGreen" - both Green birds/split for/blue birds) did his business with Candy Floss...

But to be honest, many a "show-breeder" (not that many would admit openly -due to stigma connected to "too close-relative" breeding) actually do such "in-breeding"...and usually it is only fertility that get's compromised....

..sadly -the view that disfigured, lame & poorly developed babies are bred from too close relatives - is NOTfactually correct ...anyways...

...these 2 babies seems now to be a little bit more separated from "dad" than initially thought!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.