Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking that my grey opaline has had play time with Lucy while she was mating. Because although Homer is raising the chicks like he is their daddy, this chick is definately Paulies baby, I mean come on similarity much?

Paulie:

Lucy and Homer:

The chick:

If thats not Paulies little input, then wheres the grey from? Lol.

Paulie; you stud.

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Homer is a grey green so if he is split for opaline & blue he could produce a grey opaline chick

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I want to stick out my head and say that this green bird is an Opaline. It that is the case homer have to be split Opaline - that means he could be the father of your grey bird. Please keep us updated with pictures of this green bird - I'm trying to improve my skills at identifying the different mutations and would like to know if I'm correct. Were the previous two greens normals or were the maybe Opalines?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I should have mentioned it's not to the same couple! Paulie is the dad but Stitch (the yellow green rp u love) is the momma!

Well one of homers babies from last year is Sammy and she isn't opaline. tweety my grandma owns and I can't really remember what she looked like just that she was a yellow green colour.

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I want to stick out my head and say that this green bird is an Opaline. It that is the case homer have to be split Opaline - that means he could be the father of your grey bird. Please keep us updated with pictures of this green bird - I'm trying to improve my skills at identifying the different mutations and would like to know if I'm correct. Were the previous two greens normals or were the maybe Opalines?
This chick is not opaline. It has grey down, opaline chicks have white down

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
This chick is not opaline. It has grey down, opaline chicks have white down
That's a neat fact to file away. Thanks for sharing that!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.