Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a budgie chick who is 19 days old and we are stumped on his/her mutation. The hen is a Dark Green, Violet, Dominant Pied, Opaline, Split Blue and Grey wing and the **** is a Sky Blue, Single Factor Violet, Grey wing, Combination Pied. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a picture of the Chick in question:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My knowledge of mutations is too limited to be of much help, but since both parents have the dom pied gene the changes of this one being a dom pied is very high. It could also be dom pied DF. Both parents also have the greywing gene - so this one can be a greywing and it can also be a violet. I'm going to take a WILD guess: Green violet Dom pied (df) greywing. Hope Lindsey find this thread so that we can be sure.
It is a adorable little bird!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks to me like cinnamon greens.Light or dark factor is hard to tell at this point.I don't see greywing.No pied.My guess

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My knowledge of mutations is too limited to be of much help, but since both parents have the dom pied gene the changes of this one being a dom pied is very high. It could also be dom pied DF. Both parents also have the greywing gene - so this one can be a greywing and it can also be a violet. I'm going to take a WILD guess: Green violet Dom pied (df) greywing. Hope Lindsey find this thread so that we can be sure.
It is a adorable little bird!!
I don't think he is dominant piped, because he doesn't have any white on him at all. Thanks for the help.

I can't tell properly until the feathers come through but it looks Greyiwng too me at the moment, however I don't have much experience with babies so I can't tell for sure. :)
I think he/she might be grey wing too. Thanks for the help!! :)

Looks to me like cinnamon greens.Light or dark factor is hard to tell at this point.I don't see greywing.No pied.My guess
Thanks for the help!! :)

Here are some new pics!! It should be much easier to tell!! I think he might be a normal, grey wing, Not sure on the shade of green.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree with Jerry, looks like a cinnamon dark green and probably violet to me too :) I don't see any pied either.

Sorry it has taken a bit for everyone to respond on this thread, and for your patience and extra pics which are always helpful Hannah ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with Jerry, looks like a cinnamon dark green and probably violet to me too :) I don't see any pied either.

Sorry it has taken a bit for everyone to respond on this thread, and for your patience and extra pics which are always helpful Hannah ;)
Thanks for the help!! :) That would be great if she was cinnamon, She just doesn't seem as brown as most cinnamon I see pictures of. She defiantly doesn't have black markings, But they aren't totally brown or gray either. Is it possible to be a mix of grey wing and cinnamon?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a chick that looks just like that one and I think she has lighter than normal markings because she is split for greywing. Just a possibility.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.