Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another recent bub from same clutch as the spangle I posted in another thread.Basically the bird is white no visible markings on the wings or face,but it has a yellowface,tail and the wing edges (not flight feathers).The flecks on her are just dirty marks from the cage floor.Her mum is yellowface spangle grey/greywing & recessive pied and dad is a skyblue clearwing/ino?(2 albino babies from this clutch aswell).I bred mum but bought the dad bird.

I have no idea what mutation?

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
It looks like a DF Spangle YF. Does this chick have red eyes, like its siblings?

That would mean dad would need to be a visual spangle though (to get a DF), and he would be split YF.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Looks like a Yellowface Albino to me.

However are you sure of the parents mutations as has been said it may be a DF Spangle.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Looks like a Yellowface Albino to me.

However are you sure of the parents mutations as has been said it may be a DF Spangle.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
can you confirm the eye colour, and maybe a photo of the dad to check if he has spangle too.

the dad does not need to be split for yf to produce a yf chick though as yf is dominant to blue.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Could be a YF2 Dark eyed clear, with both clearflight and recessive pied heritage this seems more likely. However, there are experts out there to tell us better.
Here is a picture of my new YF2 DEC:

She is older, that may be why her yellow is more diffuse than yours.

·
Registered
75 Posts
she looks like df spangle yellow face type 2,because she hasnt got red eyes on this pics,but she smaybe ino yf2 too,if she s got red eyes?
sure she is very beautiful,congrats

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wow, Dad is a stunner! I am so jealous!
They are both beautiful, no matter the mutation.
I always want to know too, and my new girl's mutation is not 100% certain, it's kind of annoying, but what can you do>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes they're both stuning,dad looks like sky blue clearwing and he's maybe spangle too with light spangle marking?
So bub can be creamino(albino with yellow face mutation);
Or double factor spangle with yellow face mutation,considering dad is spangle,but i m not really sure.For me the creamino solution is more reasonable,but with genetic...?
Some of our experts will inform you

·
The Kangaroo Whisperer
3,711 Posts
Yes they're both stuning,dad looks like sky blue clearwing and he's maybe spangle too with light spangle marking?
So bub can be creamino(albino with yellow face mutation);
Or double factor spangle with yellow face mutation,considering dad is spangle,but i m not really sure.For me the creamino solution is more reasonable,but with genetic...?
Some of our experts will inform you
Cannot be Albino, as already mentioned she has dark eyes.

Here is a picture of my YF DF Spangle, Phantom. He has suffusion through him though, so he looks different.:

Baby -

Now -

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.