Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently hatched out a number of baby budgies and were wondering what mutations they were, we have an idea of some of them but wanted to kow for sure:D

The first set of parents are Pancake and Domino,Pancake (male) is a YF2 syblue spangle and Domino (female) is a blue dominant pied this is the oldest baby of theirs:

The next pair is Lemon and Bobby, Bobby (male) is a white DF spangle and Lemon (female) is a yellow dark eyed clear this is their eldest baby:

The next pair is Bubbles and Fonzie, Fonzie (male) is a sky blue dominant pied and Bubbles (female) is a violet reccessive pied these are their three babies :

Baby #1

Baby #2

Baby #3

Next we have Little Hamish and Cosmo, Cosmo (male) is a yellow dark eyed clear and Little Hamish (female) is a violet factor opaline spangle these are their 4 babies:

Baby#1

Baby #2

These are the younger two, (too early to tell mutations):

Finally we have Spangle and Neptune, Neptune (male) is a violet opaline and Spangle (female) is a violet spangle, these are their 3 babies:

Baby #1

Baby #2

and Baby #3

Thankyouuu !! :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Pancake and Domino's chick
#1 dominant pied, blue

Lemon and Bobby's chick
#1 spangle, green

Bubbles and Fonzie's chicks
#1 normal, blue
#2 Looks like an albino, does it have red eyes? this means Bubbles is split for albino. This would also mean this chick is a female.
#3 dominant pied, blue

Hamish and Cosmo's chicks
#1 opaline, recessive pied, green I think not sure.
#2 normal the pin feathers look yellow so I'm guessing green.
#3 & 4 not sure.

Spangle and Neptune's chicks
#1 opaline, violet female because it's opaline. I love this color mutation. I have a couple like this I have to say they are one of my favs :)
#2 spangled, violet
#3 normal, violet

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!
The oldest baby of Neptune & Spangle is a Texas Clearbody, last clutch they had one exactly the same.
The white baby is an albino, their first one in four clutches. Sadly Fonzie died when the third chick was only a few days old, so he showed his hidden mutation in his last clutch. She will be a keeper! :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Pancake and Domino’s chick – Dominant pied blue

Lemon and Bobby’s chick – Spangle green (or could be a yellow face)

Bubbles and Fonzie’s chicks
1/ Normal Sky blue
2/ Albino female
3/ Dominant Pied blue

Little Hamish and Cosmo’s chicks
1/ Opaline green
2/ Probably a normal
3 & 4/ Both opaline

Spangle and Neptune’s chicks
1/ Opaline, probably violet (doesn’t look like an ordinary opaline)
2/ Spangle violet
2/ Normal blue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.