Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's early, but one of my babies has me confused. Baby 1 is a normal sky blue. Baby 2 is a pied, but I can't tell if it's green or blue. I think, but don't know how it's possible, that it may be a YF blue. It's pin feathers aren't white like baby 3, who is clearly a blue series pied, but not yellow like baby 4, who is clearly yellow. And to top it off, baby 3 also looks like a RP, but maybe he's just a heavily marked DP. Any ideas?

Baby 2 on left, 3 on right
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358382007.519458.jpg

Baby 3 on left, 2 on right (notice the lack of markings on baby 3)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358382244.191862.jpg

Tail feathers (baby 2 on left - center tail feathers are clear. Baby 3 in right - one clear, one grey???)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358382270.005256.jpg

Baby 2 compared w baby 4 (yellow/green)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358382360.669815.jpg

Attachments

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot. Mom is an opaline violet cobalt greywing split to RP. Dad is a normal light green dominant pied. Haven't seen any splits from him, but he's only been paired with one hen before.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Baby 3 & 4 are almost identical in the placement of the markings, but so far, baby 3 is the only one with any pinnies that look grey. I am shocked! Happily, though. I was not expecting any surprises with this pair. Malcolm has had 2 clutches in the past with a DF YF1 sky blye hen and all the babies were light green, sky blue, dominant pied, normals. No RP, no greywings. I also don't know where this yellow on baby #2 is coming from. The feather right above the uropygial gland is coming in and looks mauve...which isn't possible. And she has only been with Malcolm. She was separated all by her lonesome for over a month and then he moved in with her. :soconfused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.