Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my neighbor has budgies sitting on eggs currently. I was just curious as to what outcomes would come from her beautiful babies!

I am not exactly sure what colors they are but from what i remember the female is a green spangled yellow face budgie(or opaline) and the male is an opaline blue (white base).
What mutations would the babies be?

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
If the female is a spangle green and the male is a blue opaline, all hens will be opaline and 50% of the chicks will be spangle, 50% normal. The chicks will all be green unless the hen is split for blue. If the hen is also opaline, all chicks will be opaline. All green budgies have yellow faces. If you are trying to say she is a yellow faced blue budgie (sometimes they look green), then all chicks will be blue , some with yellow faces. Pics would ensure a better prediction. :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I don't have budgies so i am still learning the mutations! Maybe i could get pictures next time i go over to her house. she also has two of my zebra finches that my pair had. so i visit them every so often!
I will try to explain further once i see them again.
Any more input would be good as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.