Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here are some updated pis of the babies. The little one in question seems to be coming in a very handsome grey :) I love how his tail feathers are white and then turn to black at the ends. I would love some help identifying the other two. The yellow has no other color but yellow and the facial markings are white (some type of ino?). The Black (looks a bit sinnamon to me now) and white I believe is a sky blue pied like its mom as there are blue feathers popping through here and there.

Also could anyone help me figure out what the parents are carrying for genetics b/c the only color I expected from them was the normal green and pieds. The mother is a sky blue dom. pied and father is olive green normal.

Pics wouldn't attach for some reason so I attached a link to them on another site.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

it is hard to tell fromthose angles but it looks like youare right; a grey, a pied (i can't tell the colour, though it looks more like a recessive pied to me so far..) and possibly a lutino (if it has red eyes).

for the parents to give a grey i suspect that your olive **** is actually a grey green and he will be split for ino if that chick is a lutino. if he is olive his cheek patches will be violet, and his tail blue. if he is grey green his cheek patches will be blue or grey and his tail more black.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The yellow one is my favorite!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The first one looks like a normal grey. If the second one has red eyes it is a lutino. The third one looks to me like an opaline dominant pied.

I agree with Toni that your **** bird is probably a grey green rather than olive. The chicks show that he is split for blue, ino & opaline (if I'm right about the 3rd chick and also provided you are not colony breeding)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks, I am not colony breeding. if you follow that link again I actually posted pics of the parents. The yellow does not have red eyes. Someone suggested possible dark eyed clear or double cominant pied? I am still waiting for a few more feathers. :)

sorry looks like the link is gone, sorry i can't get this sites uploader to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.