Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I realised that my French moulter can't really jump down into the bird bath any more. He got stuck in a food bowl recently and was like bambi trying to get out. I need some sort of shallow tray that I can use as a bath for him. And it has to be something he can grip onto. I know you can get rubber/silicone food bowls etc, but I don't know if the material would be bird safe. I can't use a regular tray because he would just slide around and not be able to get out. Can anyone recommend anything. A shallow rubber tray that would fit in the cage. Nothing too big. But it has to be made of a safe material for birds. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
Emma,

I don't know of anything that is already on the market that would be helpful to you.

I wonder if you could improvise a little.

Perhaps a bird bath with a landing perch inside to give a sort of ramp into the water.

I have both these products and the landing perch fits just find inside. You could potentially get a cockatiel sized bird bath that would give a bit more room.

However, I think that the quick lock bird bath might be a simple solution for you.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lixit-Quick-Lock-Bird-Bath/dp/B000I6ORHS/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1497562033&sr=8-13&keywords=Cage+bird+bath

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.