Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Everyone!! I have been taking photo's of our beautiful flowering trees they all look really nice at the moment and the smell is wonderful.. I went out to my garden on Christmas day and found i have corn cobs forming everywhere on my corn bushes so we will be having corn soon. Also Indigo will have fresh corn with no spray on them but i wash off the spray anyway when i buy corn snow peas etc. One tree in Bundaberg is called a poinciana trees they have red flowers on.. This one Poinciana tree that is in Bundaberg is the largest tree in the Southern Hemisphere.. The Cascara tree and the Poinciana tree are not native to Australia.. The Phalaria tree is a Native to Australia this is the one with the white flowers that looks like snow... This tree is growing in our back yard..The Cascara tree has yellow flowers and they look so lovely at the moment..The red flower with the black on it is called Stuart's desert pea, a native to Australian deserts... Later today ill post a tree that looks like snow it is beautiful we have this tree in our back yard and flowers when it rains.. Will add other photo's here as well Please enjoy..

Largest Poinciana Tree in the Southern Hemisphere in Bundaberg..

Poinciana Trees in Bundaberg.

We drive down this road every day to see these beautiful trees.

Cascara tree where we visited Dad.. The grounds are beautiful with lovely trees there.

My cobs of corn just starting to form..

My Santa Claws i got for Christmas it has lots of goodies in there to eat. Indigo loves it. Ill try to get a photo with Indi near it sometime..

I bought this for mum she loves it.

Phalaria Tree this is growing in our back yard has a lovely smell the birds love it.

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trees are absolutely beautiful Lyn. And your corn is looking fabulous. Indi is certainly going to enjoy that when it is ready.
Thank you Kate.. The trees are beautiful all in flower everywhere.. Yes i am surprised with my corn coming on never had this many before.. I will enjoy fresh corn and so will Indi he loves it I sure will have one healthy budgie eating home grown vegetables.. Will take more photo's when the corn is bigger...

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Wow...those are fabulous pictures Lyn. Your corn has really taken off, and I can't wait to see how big it get's and hear a taste report. I may grow some myself this year...:)

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow...those are fabulous pictures Lyn. Your corn has really taken off, and I can't wait to see how big it get's and hear a taste report. I may grow some myself this year...:)
Thank you Bro.. I'll be sure to post some photos when the corn gets bigger.. I can't wait to taste test the corn either I'll try it out on Indi first... Glad you liked my photos..

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
bEAUTIFUL trees and flowers!

I really want to visit australia, love the animals/birds there.
Maybe some day :)

Here its all covered in snow!

minus five.

all is white!

WIll try to take a photo tomorrow :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
190 Posts
Very beautiful pictures,

These trees are not found in my country. I found the details of Poinciana and Phaleria tree and flowers very beautiful but could not find Cascara. Please tell me the Botanical name of Cascara.

Corns look absolutely gorgeous. :)

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,418 Posts
Beautiful

Beautiful pics , Lyn, they remind me of trees that grew in my yard in Florida some years ago. Right now that helps me tell the BURRRRR-- I feel to just wait a few months and it will warm up again. Blessings, Jo Ann:budge:

·
10,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Lyn,

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos with us!:) The weather looks very summery. Here in Brunswick,Germany we have about + 2 degrees celsius and it's cloudy. I hope you and Indi enjoy Christmas.:)
Your welcome.. Yes we had a nice quite Christmas. Indi loves his bell..

bEAUTIFUL trees and flowers!

Thank you Elma. You are welcome at our house anytime..

I really want to visit australia, love the animals/birds there.
Maybe some day :)

Here its all covered in snow!

minus five.

all is white!

WIll try to take a photo tomorrow :)
Very beautiful pictures,

These trees are not found in my country. I found the details of Poinciana and Phaleria tree and flowers very beautiful but could not find Cascara. Please tell me the Botanical name of Cascara.

Corns look absolutely gorgeous. :)
Thank you Ka Ka..

Awesome pictures Lyn. Just womdering why everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road though? :)
Hey Rick we are driving on the right side of the road. You are driving on the wrong side of the road. Rick can you send me a photo of the cars where you live to show me where you are on the other side I haven't seen this...

Beautiful pics , Lyn, they remind me of trees that grew in my yard in Florida some years ago. Right now that helps me tell the BURRRRR-- I feel to just wait a few months and it will warm up again. Blessings, Jo Ann:budge:
Thank you JoAnn . Do you have snow there.. It's boiling hot here wish I could see the snow and feel it..

Hey Rick you are the one who drives on the wrong side of the road. :D
Hey Kate jus we are the ones who drive on the right side of the road...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.