Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a tutorial, but I hoped sharing this post might give someone some ideas! Just because a toy may not be suitable in the shop doesn't mean your imagination can't fix it!

I found this AWESOME acrylic loop at the pet store today.

I knew the little hanging bits were really boring but I thought I could fix it.

So I took off the chain and the shoelace bits and replaced them with plastic chains and paper string. I re-used the acrylic beads while adding some interesting chewables like the paper and wicker balls, cardboard and a vine flower.

Lastly I added some shredded paper to the wicker balls as Kowhai loves to tear the paper out!

A lot of these bits and bobs were leftovers from other toys I'd taken apart or pieces I've ordered online. It's great to have a 'toy box' of extra toy bits and parts along with your tools. Your supplies build up over time and so when you see something like this in the shop you can go crazy (this particular toy took a bit of experimenting before I got to the point I liked it)!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow, you're so clever and what a lucky little guy Kowhai is. You'll have to let us know how he likes his new toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015
6,793 Posts
Wow! Kowhai sure is a lucky little guy :D. Great job at being creative :thumbsup:

·
Exceptional Service Award August 2017
1,096 Posts
Love it! :proud:

I have a divided plastic craft box of bits & pieces; some bought toy making parts, some suitable household items and some salvaged bits of past toys. It’s quite satisfying to create something isn’t it. That acrylic spiral is a great base to start from too as it offers you width to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.