Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was hoping someone could give me a guess on bell's color mutation and gender? "his" face is a very pale yellow that didn't show up in the pictures well. my guess is yf2 sky blue Opaline..... i was thinking a boy when i pick "him" out but i'm not sure now. "he" still has all his baby bars and hasn't molted yet since he's been home. thanks a bunch.

Attachments

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Your guess on mutation was right:D Bell is a YF2 Sky blue opaline and I am going to say that Bell is male:) Very cute!

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
I am curious:

Strider is a YF2 sky blue, he is over a year old, has iris rings, and the color on his wings is really bright yellow (with no blue that I can detect) and he has the seafoam color on his upper chest.

On my computer screen it looks like Bello's wing color is mostly or maybe all blue (where Strider has yellow). Will Bello's wing color become more yellow as he ages (or is my computer screen's color off and they are really yellow and not blue on Bello's wings?) Or can a YF2 have a mixture of blue and yellow on the wings? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the colors on his wings are blue, white and black. maybe after his first molt, the yellow will come in?..... because on his tail it is the same pale yellow as his face but there is no yellow at all on his wings.

·
~Crazy Bird Lady~
2,309 Posts
Bello is just a baby, his color will deepen as he gets older to look more like Strider. But the difference with Bello having Blue in his wings is because he is Opaline. In Opaline's the body color runs through the stripes on the back of the neck and down through the wing feathers replacing the yellow or white of a normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.