Talk Budgies Forums banner
41 - 60 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
👍🏻
Also, that carrier looks like a late 90s mercury that’s being held together with twine and hope :ROFLMAO:
haha. True. It’s the carrier he came in. The breeder put duct tape to close up some of the openings to protect him from the cold and elements.

I should invest in a better carrier. I saw one at petsmart.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Soon he will want to bathe there if he hasn't already.
Not yet. He’s still hesitant and trying to figure out what this thing is…but he now knows it can quench his thirst. I also let some tap water run down my fingers, and have the tip of my fingers near his beak. He started licking them taking in the water.

Any recommendations for a bird bath for medium-sized birds?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
For a bird his size you can just use a pie plate filled with water and see if he in interested, or are you are looking for something that attaches to the cage?
That’s a good idea! No, not looking for something to attach to his cage. So far, Bertie likes to be out and about and being with my wife and I. So I think it would be pointless to put a bath in his cage since he’s helped himself to free reign in our house—and it’s only been a week! 😆

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
The breeder that I got my Linnie from is getting a breeding pair of these on Wednesday…
So…are you going to put a deposit on a baby? Everything I’ve read about these parrots has been accurate — easy going birds for the most part provided they are well raised.

They are also smaller than I thought they’d be.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
Bertie getting a water misting…

This is the second time I’ve done this. When I spray mist toward him, he opens up his wings, flaps, and bobs his head, etc. And proceeds to preen himself

Is this a sign that he likes it? That he Doesn’t? Any thoughts? Just curious if I should continue this or not.

41 - 60 of 258 Posts