Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Erin,

It is very important that you do not choose a cage that has spacing between the bars that is more than 1/2".

A budgie can easily get its head stuck between bars that are spaced 3/4" apart! :eek:

The cages below has 1/2" bar spacing and would be suitable for a single budgie.
The cage is 24" Long x 16.5" Wide x 27" High
With the stand the total height is 53".

Zeny Bird Cage 24" Long x 16.5" Wide x 27" High

If you have the room then I would recommend the Prevue Hendryx F040

Prevue Hendryx F040

Interior Measures: 31" Long x 20" Wide x 45" High
(53" High including the attached stand)

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
I think the cage in your post is only 18x18 inches but tall, wider would be better. Can you use a cage about 31 inches wide? If you are looking for something with a seed catcher you might look at this one, don't pay any mind to the fact that is says for canaries, is it suitable for budgies too, it is bigger than it looks in the picture, it is 31 inches wide. https://www.amazon.com/Vision-Bird-...ion+bird+cage&qid=1565474138&s=gateway&sr=8-1 . The bottom third or so of the cage is enclosed so the seed hulls don't fly all over. It does not have a slide out tray, you have to lift the cage off the bottom to clean it, the doors open in or out to form sort of a little platform and the bars are horizontal so it is easy for the birds to climb around.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Also, when you get your bird a new cage. be sure it is a safe cage. Some cages are fancy and have the bars in them different than the way safe cages are made. Birds have these leg bands on, and they can get caught in the cage bars if cage is shaped unsafe. Birds thrash around when that happens. I once had this happen to me. Ever since, I make sure the cages are safe for my birds.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've seen a fair few people use this cage for budgies. It doesn't have a playtop though. I have a very large corner cage (similar to this), with a playtop, horizontal bars and only 1cm bar spacing but I'm having trouble finding a link for it (I'm in Aus which doesn't help). Mine doesn't have the seed skirt either, but if it sounds like what you might be after, let me know and I'll see if I can find it.

https://petsep.com/product/new-large-corner-parrot-bird-wrought-iron-cage/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.