Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:budge::budgie:Hi, from what I undnerstand, I have a yellow face dominant pied opalin dilute hen. What are good choicesto breed with her?? I saw a very cute wild colored male, but what chicks will he give me? What is your suggestion for her mate? If notice any other mutations in her, please let me know. Here are some photos of her:

·
Registered
640 Posts
She is a gorgeous birdie! As for the best mutation, perhaps you could tell us what kind of babies you'd hope for because all mutations would make lovely babies :)

By the way, she is VERY young and probably shouldn't be breed for another 9 months (assuming by the head cap/bars that she is 2-3months) Breeding before the age of 1 year is dangerous because there is more risk of egg binding and prolapse.

She is so pretty! :D Your very lucky :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is a gorgeous birdie! As for the best mutation, perhaps you could tell us what kind of babies you'd hope for because all mutations would make lovely babies :)

By the way, she is VERY young and probably shouldn't be breed for another 9 months (assuming by the head cap/bars that she is 2-3months) Breeding before the age of 1 year is dangerous because there is more risk of egg binding and prolapse.

She is so pretty! :D Your very lucky :)
thank you! :D I plan on giving her 6-9 months befor breeding her, my birds here are just starting there season, so she will have to wait until next season. In the begging, I wanted a lutino **** and an albino hen, but I saw her instead. If I could get just some unique birds like her I would be fine. I like spangle, too. And lutino.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If lutino is sex linked like in other birds(i am sure it is) then if you get a lutino ****, you can get albino or lutino chicks I THINK. I don't know what white and yellow base has to do if it is genetic or if one is more dominant over the other. If the bird was white based, then it would be albino.. yellow based, lutino right?
It is sex linked so you would get females if you get a lutino or albino ****. especially because you like the mutation

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If lutino is sex linked like in other birds(i am sure it is) then if you get a lutino ****, you can get albino or lutino chicks I THINK. I don't know what white and yellow base has to do if it is genetic or if one is more dominant over the other. If the bird was white based, then it would be albino.. yellow based, lutino right?
It is sex linked so you would get females if you get a lutino or albino ****. especially because you like the mutation
yes, true. but I want more than lutino and albino from the offspring. I am thinking of maybe getting a new hen. old enough to breed, and hold this gal off for a while. if I see a pretty male I will just get that one. I know I hate petco, but they have tons of gorgeous budgies, might have to check them out

·
Registered
392 Posts
You would get more then albinos and lutinos, it is a sex linked thing, so the bird could be lutino split to another mutation. The male chicks would not be albino or lutino. So you could get completely different mutations

Also look into local rescues if you have any, i know a cat shelter that takes birds as well(i know right?! so safe..) but they are all usually old enough to breed..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.