Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a recording I took of my precious budgie Leonel last June, only today did I upload it onto Youtube.
He says the Portuguese words "Olá pequenino", translated it means "Hello little fellow". I also thought it was funny to teach him to say "durka durr!", a very funny and famous catchphrase from South Park. I wanted him to also learn "they took our jobs" but since he got a mate that wasn't possible. I'm glad he still says the words he learnt, though. Enjoy! ;)

· Servant of The King
11,900 Posts
That is too cute....he is a handsome little guy and so talkative...:cool:

Reactions: aluz

21,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Randy and Dee!
Leonel was really on a roll there, constantly saying the same words over and over again. :D

· Member of the Month April 2014
3,538 Posts
This video really brightened an unexpected sad day for me. Thank you, Anna!:)

21,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This video really brightened an unexpected sad day for me. Thank you, Anna!:)
I'm glad Leonel made you smile a bit. By the way, you can ditch the extra "n". Ana is my name. :)

· Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,342 Posts
Best

Your little fella is a sweetheart and he speaks so clearly. Well done!! Jo Ann:p

21,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leonel and I thank you for the compliments, Squirt and Jo Ann! :)

It is true that he mimics quite well, sometimes my mother thinks I'm the one talking and when she turns around she doesn't see me on the room and knows who did the talking instead. :giggle:
I talk to my birds in a more (baby like) high pitched voice and Leonel has picked the intonation perfectly.

21,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What does he keep saying? Lol..I love his cute little voice :)
Thanks!
Just like myself, Leonel is Portuguese so it's only natural he has learnt some Portuguese words. He repeatably says "Olá Pequenino" which means "Hello little fellow". And also "durka durr" that was taken from the South Park cartoon and is a variant (kind of ******* version) of the sentence "They took our jobs".

· Member of the Month September 2012
3,688 Posts
Oh my - What a delightful little fellow! I couldn't stop grinning through the whole thing. Leonel is So gorgeous, and he So knows and proclaims it! What a charming little ham, that one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.