Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I love wild bird photos and I created a thread series that include photos of wild birds, photographed by fellow photographers here in Greece. I decided to make 4 of them, each for every season. Giorgos Goutas gave me his permission the last time to post his wonderful photos more than once. So here are wild birds during summer months that are seen in Greece! Enjoy! :)
Here's a European Bee-eater (Merops apiaster)

and the gang :p

a great spotted woodpecker(Dendrocopos major)

A short-toed snake eagle with his meal on his beak (Circaetus gallicus)

A European goldfinch (Carduelis carduelis)

A black stork (Ciconia *****)

A western yellow wagtail (Motacilla flava)

A barn swallow posing (Hirundo rustica)

A calandra lark singing (Melanocorypha calandra)

A glossy ibis (Plegadis falcinellus)

A common cuckoo (Cuculus canorus)

A Eurasian stone- curlew (Burhinus oedicnemus)

A hoopoe (Upupa epops)

A white stork (Ciconia ciconia)

A little tern (Sternula albifrons)

A collared pratincole (Glareola pratincola)

A Eurasian golden oriole (Oriolus oriolus)

A curlew sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea)

And a pied avocet (Recurvirostra avosetta)

Again, a big thank you to Giorgos Goutas! :)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Thanks for sharing these awesome pics, Despina! I love the look on the hoopoe, he does have a really nice crest! :D

It's also great to see the European Goldfinch, I can't wait till my little fellow is as big and beautiful as that one. Little Oberyn is doing great and just moments ago he gave his first short flight from his nest to me. He landed on my knee, I'm so proud of the little fellow! :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What a beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you Niamhf! I love these photos and is the least I can do, share! :D

Thanks for sharing these awesome pics, Despina! I love the look on the hoopoe, he does have a really nice crest! :D

It's also great to see the European Goldfinch, I can't wait till my little fellow is as big and beautiful as that one. Little Oberyn is doing great and just moments ago he gave his first short flight from his nest to me. He landed on my knee, I'm so proud of the little fellow! :)
Thank you Aluz! You know a couple of hoopoes are nesting close to us, so I see them quite often! They are beautiful!
Little Oberyn can fly already?? Omg, he grows so fast and he seems strong enough! Well done!! Of course he will be as beautiful as this one.. and I'm sure you'll hear his wonderful tunes soon enough! :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thank You for sharing these beautiful photos...love the barn swallow - very cute! :)

Reactions: despoinaki

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful pictures and birds again Despina. I just love the one of the Barn Swallow. He is so cute.
Thanks Kate! I see them quite often, they have nests almost everywhere here! :)

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing,Despina!:)
Thank you Gaby! :) I really enjoy them and Mr.Goutas does such a great job!

Thank You for sharing these beautiful photos...love the barn swallow - very cute! :)
Thanks Susan! Isn't this guy unique? I see them very often so one day I'll go and take photos of their babies :)

Gorgeous pictures, Despina!! I love them, all the birds are so beautiful :love:

Thank you so much for sharing, I can't decide which one I like best! :D
Thanks Star! I have a lot of favourites instead :D One of them is hoopoe, cause I see a couple close to my house!

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Awesome...thank you for sharing Despina...:)

Reactions: despoinaki
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.