Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Some people have amazing hobbies! I recently discovered on Facebook the page "Photographers without borders"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/127043357475996/405000273013635/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
and I saw magnificent pictures of sceneries and of course, birds! :D
One of the members of this group page, Thomas Nikolopoulos takes wonderful pictures of wild birds and I asked him if I could post some of his pictures. He gave me his permission so now you can all see pictures of wild birds living - and flying- in Greece. :)
So this is a European Robin (Erithacus Rubecula)

This is a long-legged buzzard (Buteo rufinus)
This is a Dunnock (Prunella Modularis)

This is a Song-thrush (Aegithalos caudatus)

This is a Rock-bunting (Emberiza cia)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's a Linnet (Carduelis Cannabina)

This is a Gadwall (Anas strepera) I really like this duck :)

That bird is a Eurasian Sparrowhawk (Accipiter nisus)

This is a Brambling (Fringilla montifringilla)

A European Kestrel (Falco tinnunculus)

And a Songthrush (Turdus philomelos)

A big thank you to Thomas Nikolopoulos! Hope you enjoyed it! :ciao:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Wow!! What beautiful birds! I think my favorite is the song-thrush. Thank you for sharing! :)

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are gorgeous!And I admire these people who wait patiently to take a good picture!I've tried it myself in the past,with no success!

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,807 Posts
They are wonderful pictures Despina.

The Kestrel is magnificent, and I love the duck. I have a big soft spot for ducks as we bred ducks when I was little. We had them for egg production. They are really quite smart. The Buzzard is great too. There are some Black Breasted Buzzards at a bird park near me and I have been having a love affair with one for years. They are an Australian species. They are one of our largest birds of prey. You may like to see him, here is the link to him.

Raptors | Featherdale Wildlife Park - Sydney Australia

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
They are wonderful pictures Despina.

The Kestrel is magnificent, and I love the duck. I have a big soft spot for ducks as we bred ducks when I was little. We had them for egg production. They are really quite smart. The Buzzard is great too. There are some Black Breasted Buzzards at a bird park near me and I have been having a love affair with one for years. They are an Australian species. They are one of our largest birds of prey. You may like to see him, here is the link to him.

Raptors | Featherdale Wildlife Park - Sydney Australia
Hey Kate! I love all birds- big or small- but the Kestrel's colours surprised me! I like the Buzzards, hawks and eagles it's always great when I see them fly in the skies! :) I also loved the picture in that link- I can see why you love them so much! :)
And ducks are the cutest birdies!

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Thanks for sharing these awesome pics, Despina! :)
I'm very familiar with that robin in the first photo, we have plenty of them here in Portugal too.

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Great pics....thank's for sharing them Despina....:)

·
Member of the Month Dec 2014
1,087 Posts
That little song thrush is adorable!!!

My favorite is the little song thrush! Isn't he just the cutest, little thing with his stubby little beak and fluffy round body? I want him!!!:love:

Thanks for sharing -- the Buteo looks very similar to our red-tailed hawk over here. The birds we call 'buzzards' aren't nearly as pretty as your 'buzzard' is. They are more similar to vultures - with naked, heads. Still, they have their 'charm', I suppose...:rolleyes:

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
Very beautiful photos of such exotic birds.:thumbsup:

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,807 Posts
What is amazing about our Buzzard (don't know if yours do it too) but they use tools. They will pick up a rock and drop it on Emu eggs to break them open and eat them. You can see him doing it in the picture but with just normal chicken eggs. One of the few birds that use a tool.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.