Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Thought to come here as it's nearly midnight here in the UK. I just noticed my little 2 year old budgie, Bumble, has a lot of red around his cere, and it appears to look like blood?

I noticed yesterday he was being more cuddly, which he only does when he's not feeling too great, i.e. moulting time.

But this has only just appeared now, and these are the best photos I could get I'm afraid. He's wriggly as normal, and he's talking away behind me right now, but he is scratching at his beak more and closing his eyes alot?

I took a video to make sure I could get something in focus! Birds are not easy to photograph!

Anyway, I panic a lot so if you guys could give me some insight I'd be grateful.

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
From the pictures it doesn't look like active bleeding or that active bleeding was more than seeping. Was he scratching a lot before you noticed it ? He has either flown into something which caused some trauma and slight blood seeping from cere edge or he has rubbed it enough from molt or mites to cause a slight bleed. Since you feel he is acting like he does when he is not feeling well along with this bleeding evidence, I would take him to the avian vet for a checkup. Keep us posted on his condition...:)

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
From the pictures you posted, if it is blood, then it must have been a slight cut or lesion, as Randy suggested. However, it seems to be reddish brown staining above the cere that many budgies get when they are preparing for a moult. :thumbsup:

Either way, Bumble seems just fine, and if it is blood, surely the blood is clotted now and he will heal well. What a beautiful boy :love:

·
Administrator
55,336 Posts
I agree with Randy. I think Bumble scratched a little too hard or rubbed too hard against a perch when trying to scratch his face.

He is a very handsome little fellow.

I'm moving your thread over to the Follow-Up Section of the forum.
Please be sure to update us on his condition.

Best wishes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.