Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello first of all I wrote here because it's an emergency for my friend's budgie. My native language is not english but we really need help so I decided to write here and ask for help we can't really go to a vet rn there are not many bird experts where she lives. So my friend has a 3,5 month female budgie she become so ill yesterday so suddenly. She had diarrhea yesterday and she puke a lot but today her diarrhea got worst and came out bloody. She took this photo of her bird's diarrhea today

·
Super Moderator
3,163 Posts
Hello first of all I wrote here because it's an emergency for my friend's budgie. My native language is not english but we really need help so I decided to write here and ask for help we can't really go to a vet rn there are not many bird experts where she lives. So my friend has a 3,5 month female budgie she become so ill yesterday so suddenly. She had diarrhea yesterday and she puke a lot but today her diarrhea got worst and came out bloody. She took this photo of her bird's diarrhea today

View attachment 256331 View attachment 256332 View attachment 256333 View attachment 256334
Please try to find a vet that sees birds, this is an emergency situation that needs attention right away. That fact that the blood is red indicates that it is coming from the lower GI tract or possibly the reproductive tract. If you cannot find an avian vet try to find an exotic vet clinic they usually have a vet on staff that sees birds.

·
Administrator
55,321 Posts
It is critical that your friend finds a vet to treat this budgie immediately. If there are no bird vets, call a university or wildlife rescue center to see if they can help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.