Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

I've noticed just recently that my budgie Fruitloop's vent area's feather has a sky blueish tinge to it? its only a few feathers of that area but they are an unmistakable sky blue.

It looks quite obvious when you go close enough. Does this mean she's a yellow face type 2? Or a golden face? The rest of her budgie is green like a wild budgie.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
hmm its hard to say without a picture, I do believe that yellow face type 2 is more a sea green/blue not a green like a wild budgie :)
but maybe someone else would know!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
it would be nice to see a photo. Yellow face and gold face are pretty much the same mutation just gold face is a more intense. It can be hard to tell the difference between a yellow face blue bird and a green bird without knowing what the parents mutations are. You may need to breed her to find out.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
What is the colour underneath the wing?

If you can see under the wing when they lift it up and it is blue then they are a yellowface blue bird. If it is green they are a green bird.

I have had green birds with blue around the vent :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Many blue birds have that blueish shine around their vent, but Howdy gave some good advice.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Blue or--

Violet dark green budgies have blue or violet feathers around vent and under tail. A golden face cobalt can be mistaken for a green bird.

Blessings,

Jo Ann:budgie:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW!~ thanks Amelia! Thats so cool! I think that Fruitloop just has that blue strange feather. I tried photos but it didn't come up. The underneath her wings are green so I guess its nothing :) Thanks Amelia for the AMAZING pictures! :)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Thanks for sharing this to us.
No problem :)

Thank you, I am not that goog with the mutations!!
No problem, we all start somewhere :)

WOW!~ thanks Amelia! Thats so cool! I think that Fruitloop just has that blue strange feather. I tried photos but it didn't come up. The underneath her wings are green so I guess its nothing :) Thanks Amelia for the AMAZING pictures! :)
Pictures explain it a lot better than I can lol so at least you can see what your looking for :)

Some of my greens who were bred from a violet parent also had the blue tinge around the vent (no pictures of that to my knowledge), so it could indicate that or it could just be funky feathering :D

G

·
Hi Icecream

Mauve is a blue budgie with 2 double factors. Yours I saw is a dark green budgie. Green budgies will have blue tail featherss which are normal. Violet is very difficult to see in a green bird. Offsprings will show better in a cobalt blue if that that green budgie has violet in him/her.

G

·
Hi Roland,
What I meant wa I have another MALE mauve violet budgie named Skipper:)As you can see this bird, Fruitloop, is female :)
Sorry, mistaken identity. Now I read back, you said a mauve violet male but you shown a female.

Fruitloop is beautiful and has a very unique name which sounds like candy...hehehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.