Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this budgie in a group on Facebook, and I never saw anything like this.

What is this mutation called?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I would love to see the front of this bird. Looks like a dom pied Spangle - or maybe Opaline, but not sure about that. It's quite a lovely bird.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Opaline spangle.I believe some opaline spangles have no dark markings,just body colour feathers bordered with base colour.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Most of my spangles have that thumb print of colour on the back of their heads also. I have always wondered if that is the way they are supposed to be or not???

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Rashu means the blue slightly coloured spot on his head, correct me if I'm wrong :) Its a GORGEOUS birdie :)
Haha yes, exactly....and I remembered that it's a white based bird so if it were pied, then that patch would have been white, not blue. lol

Sorry.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Rashu,

Just wanted to confirm that this bird is an Opaline Spangle blue-series bird (you're correct with the whitespot "thumb-print" that would have applied for a "dominant pied")....

...but also to emphasise that Spangle birds do have such a body coloured "patch" to the back/top of head!...it's quite normal as the below Opaline Spangle YF bird of mine indicates...this same "black-barring"-type spot as baby resulted in his name "Black-cap"!

"Black-cap" as baby:
Bird Beak Parrot Natural material Parakeet

Bird Human body Beak Parrot Organism

Bird Parrot Beak Feather Parakeet

...and him as adult...quite nice change in colour once grown!
Bird Beak Organism Feather Wing

Petal Plant Feather Gesture Flower

Enjoy the birds!
Jacodk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.