Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone describe this combination of varieties, or post some pictures. I would love to know how this bird looks.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Do you mean split for Ino? If a bird is Ino is is masking other mutations.

I have a Yellowface Greywing Violet **** here:

The bird on the right is a Goldenface Opaline Greywing Violet ****:

Here's another Goldenface Greywing ****:

Another Goldenface opaline Greywing Violet ****:

Are these the sort of pictures your after?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thanks. So if a bird is yellowface greywing violet(sf) ino (not split) then it looks like a YF Albino?
Am I correct by saying that the birds in the pictures are FB greywings?
Why is there so much yellow on the wing of the Goldenface Greywing ****? (It's a beautiful bird.)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Yes, thanks. So if a bird is yellowface greywing violet(sf) ino (not split) then it looks like a YF Albino?
Am I correct by saying that the birds in the pictures are FB greywings?
Why is there so much yellow on the wing of the Goldenface Greywing ****? (It's a beautiful bird.)

I believe that is correct, as it would mask the greywing and violet.

Yes they are all Full Body Greywings :)

Some of the birds are type 2 so the yellow from the face washes down the body colour as they moult, some of them it effects the wings more so than the actual body colour, others I have turn a green colour all over after their first moult. It varies from bird to bird.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the three separate varieties are yellow face mutant 1, yellow face mutant 2 and golden face. and each of these can come in sf or df too.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tonic, look at the second last picture. Is that a golden face or a YF type 2?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Tonic, look at the second last picture. Is that a golden face or a YF type 2?
my initial thought is a yf2 as the yellow has spread a lot even though it does not appear to have changed the body colour much.

i do not have much expereince with gfs though, and i know sometimes the yellow can spread withthem too...

maybe nev would know more.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
my initial thought is a yf2 as the yellow has spread a lot even though it does not appear to have changed the body colour much.

i do not have much expereince with gfs though, and i know sometimes the yellow can spread withthem too...

maybe nev would know more.
He's only 10 weeks old so not moulted yet, some of my Goldenfaces have turned completely green after their moult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.